This is a lovely flavour and really hits the spot on a cold winter night.
- soup bones
- 1/2 an onion
- salt / pepper
- few carrots and celery
- 2 Tbsp flower
- 2 large eggs
- maggie seasoning
- Boil soup bones and add 1/2 an onion and salt and pepper.
- Keep boiling slowly 2 to 3 hours if possible.
- Add a few cut-up carrots and celery about 15 minutes before eating time
- Mix 2 tablespoons flour and 2 large eggs into a little bowl.
- Pour this mixture slowly into boiling stock and as you ‘pour’, stir with a fork quite fast so that this dough mixture breaks up into a lot of tiny little pieces.
- This only actually needs to simmer about 5 minutes to be fully cooked.
- Add some Maggie seasoning towards the end, (few drops) and perhaps some parsley.