- one acorn squash
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 packet OXO chicken broth packet(10 calories) – or vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- extra light olive oil, for frying
I think next time I might add some chopped onions and add only half a packet of OXO chicken broth – or stir-fry with real chicken pieces.
- Peel the squash (not easy! – see here – slice and peel, and here – boil 15 minutes and peel, for peeling tips)
- Open, remove the seeds and cut up into 1 inch squares
- Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a wok over high heat
- Add the squash and stirfry vigorously to coat all sides with oil to lightly sear
- Add in the garlic, salt, pepper, water and OXO broth packet (or vegetable stock).
- Stir to combine.
- Cover the wok with a tight lid, and cook for about 10 minutes until they reach a baked sweat potato consistency – if you cook too long it gets too soft and creamy
- Serve hot