Easy to make, light and tasty.
- 2 cups thinly-sliced chilled cucumbers (I use one long and skinny cucumber)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup thinly-sliced fresh onions (50% ratio to cucumbers)
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice (or 1/4 cup vinegar)
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or a 1 packet of sugar substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- cherry tomatoes to taste (optional)
- Mix cucumber slices and onions in a medium-size bowl
- sprinkle with salt.
- Mix remaining ingredients (except tomatoes) together in a measuring cup or bowl.
- Pour over cucumbers and onions and toss lightly.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes
- Stir and serve