3G iPhone Hardware Reviews:
- Walt Mossberg (Wall St Journal)
- David Pogue (NY Times)
- Ed Baig (USA Today)
- *Engadget (including terrific demo video)
- Sydney Morning Herald
- Times Online (UK)
iPhone 2.0 Software
- iPhone 2.0 Software Review (Gizmodo)
- Software Update Gives New Life to the first iPHone (CNET’s crave)
Apps and App Store (Apple’s App Store Site)
- App Store Review (Engadget)
- iPhone Application Overview and Demo Videos (TechCrunch)
- A walk through the App Store, iPhone style (ars technica)
- What’s Good (and Free!) in the iTunes App Store (lifehacker)
- iTunes Remote App (CNET’s crave)
- iPhone Applications all the Rage (Seattle.com)
- Hottest iPhone Apps (PCMag.com)
- iPhone Launch in Canada Could Lead to Change in Data Rates (PCWorld.ca)
- What we love – and don’t – about the iPhone (thestar.com)
- Canadian iPhone Questions and Answers (CBC: Peter Nowak)
- iPhone 3G Disassembly – battery not soldered (fixit)
The new PS3 Playstation store is a much needed improvement over the older store.
The Old Playstation Store:
The old store (pictured to the left) booted slowly, was unresponsive, had tiny print and was almost unusable. It relied on a ‘mouse’ like interface with a pointer that needed to be moved around the screen with the PS3 controller’s analogue stick. It was very difficult to use and imprecise.
The New Playstation Store:
- The new store boots up faster
- Thankfully, the mouse-pointer interface is gone
- The main menu now presents a grouped items column on the left
- Selecting an item group brings up a much easier to read sub-menu (see the “New Releases” submenu below).
- The submenu has a navigable list of possible selections on the right
- Selection details show up in a big, easier to read, panel on the left.
- Everything is faster and crisper (more pics on joystiq here).