If you want to play those AAC songs you purchased in iTunes on another media player that doesn’t support AAC or if you need an MP3 version of an AAC song for other uses, such as with Animoto, fear not, its easy to convert an AAC song in iTunes to MP3 format.
Here’s how to do this on a PC:
- open iTunes
- click on the ‘Edit’ menu
- click ‘Preferences’
- click the ‘General’ tab
- click the ‘Import Settings’ button
- click ‘MP3 Encoder’ on the ‘Import Using’ pull-down menu
- Select the desired quality level on the ‘Setting’ pull-down menu
- click ‘OK’ twice to close both dialogue boxes
- select the AAC track you want to convert in the iTunes window
(you can click and convert more than one at a time if you wish)
- right-click on it;
- choose "Create MP3 version" from the popup menu.