Wow! I knocked my own socks off with this one. Following my chilled cucumber salad dish, next on my Michi’s Ladder list was squash – a vegetable I’ve never liked in the past.
I found this sautéed squash recipe on the curiously ravenous blog. I adapted it for the ingredients I had at hand and cooked it up. (click thumbnail on the left for a bigger picture of the result)
Peeling and cutting up the acorn squash was the toughest part. Once that was done it took me 10 minutes cook this delicious dish.
- one acorn squash
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 packet OXO chicken broth packet(10 calories) – or vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- extra light olive oil, for frying
I think next time I might add some chopped onions and add only half a packet of OXO chicken broth – or stir-fry with real chicken pieces.
Continue reading “Sautéed Squash in a Wok”
Easy to make, light and tasty.
- 2 cups thinly-sliced chilled cucumbers (I use one long and skinny cucumber)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup thinly-sliced fresh onions (50% ratio to cucumbers)
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice (or 1/4 cup vinegar)
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or a 1 packet of sugar substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- cherry tomatoes to taste (optional)
Continue reading “Chilled Cucumber Salad”